High quality flour begins with premium quality wheats. That is why we choose only the best Australian full bodied wheat rich in protein, vitamins, fibre and carbohydrates. We require essential vitamins and minerals to meet the needs of our bodies, particularly iron, calcium and vitamins. To supplement these needs, our flour is fortified with these essentials vitamin and minerals to cater for any shortfall in our diet and to contribute a healthier lifestyle.
- Iron is a mineral primarily essential for physical activity and helps us feel energized. Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies, with children and pregnant women being most prone. Of all the nutrients added to flour, iron has the most direct link to productivity. Iron helps transport oxygen throughout the body, and iron deficiency leads to lethargy and decreased productivity.
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. 99% of the body’s calcium supply is stored in the bones and teeth where it supports their growth, structure and function. While we are used to associating calcium with our teeth and bones, the body actually utilizes its supply of calcium to maintain constant levels in our blood, muscle and intercellular fluids, as it is essential for nerve and muscle function. Deficiency in calcium could lead to osteoporosis whereby the bones become porous and brittle, resulting in breakages.
- The B vitamins function as co-enzymes that help the body obtain energy from food. They are also important for normal appetite, good vision, healthy skin, nervous system, and red blood cell formation.
- Thiamin, or vitamin B1, helps to release energy from foods, promotes normal appetite, and is important in maintaining proper nervous system functions. Thiamin deficiency may cause mental confusion, muscle weakness or wasting, water retention (edema), and impaired growth.
- Riboflavin, or vitamin B2, helps to release energy from foods, promotes good vision, and healthy skin. It also helps to convert the amino acid tryptophan (which makes up protein) into niacin. Symptoms of deficiency may include cracks at the corners of the mouth, dermatitis on nose and lips, light sensitivity, cataracts, and a sore red tongue.
- Niacin, or vitamin B3, is involved in energy production, normal enzyme function, and digestion; promoting normal appetite, healthy skin, and nerves. Symptoms of deficiency may include cramps, nausea, mental confusion, and skin problems.
- Folic acid is needed to produce and maintain healthy cells. It enables cell division and tissue growth. Wheat flour fortification with folic acid increases the intake of foliate acid helping pregnant women maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Zinc promotes immunity, resistance to infection, and the growth and development of the nervous system. Deficiency in zinc may cause hair loss, diabetes, poor circulation and poor appetite.
Our range includes:
- Baker’s Flour: a key ingredient of bread is derived from wheat that is high in protein. It is the proteins that combine to form gluten, which when mixed with water and kneaded, gives the dough its elasticity. Most commonly used by commercial bakeries for bread production.
- Normal Flour: creamy in colour and ideal for making roti, pastries, batters, sauces and gravies. It is versatile flour to which a raising agent can be added if necessary.
- Self Raising Flour: an all purpose household flour, where baking powder is added and mixed thoroughly to give a uniformed and consistent result. Punjas Self Raising flour is ideal for cakes, scones, suet pastry, tea breads, cookies and biscuits.
- Whole meal Flour: produced from a special base flour to which appropriate amounts of specially selected mill grains that contains bran, cereal germs and wholegrains are mixed together.
Atta Flour: milled in a similar manner as Punjas Whole meal flour, the only difference being it is ground more finely; essential for making roti and Indian flat breads.
Noodle Flour: Due to its exceptional white colour and moderate protein content this flour is specially designed for fresh and dry noodle manufacture.
Semolina: this is a courser particle of endosperm (the centre of the wheat grain.) Semolina is purified during the milling process to remove any fine flour and bran to give a free flowing texture.
Punjas Roti flour is milled from Australian high quality premium quality wheat retaining all the nutritious values, dietary fibre and blended to perfection. We have created a premium flour which will give the Roti a true taste of quality with assured softness.
Punjas Roti Flour is 100% Cholesterol free and 2 kg packs are sealed in food grade laminate to retain flavour and freshness
Wheat Grains are cleaned 3 times to obtain the purity required for premium quality roti flour and is fortified with iron and vitamins.
Punjas Bread Improver has flour treatment agents to increase the speed of dough rising and to improve the strength and workability of the dough
Punjas Mill Mix is produced from the milling of wheat for flour and is widely used in dairy, animals and poultry rations, as well as supplementary feeding.